Patient Resources

Frequently Asked Questions

General Information

Do I need an appointment for active duty sick call?
Active duty patients needing sick call appointments should call 301-619-7175 or toll free 866-319-8982, Mon - Fri, starting at 7 schedule an appointment.
What happens if I get sick after the clinic is closed?
  • Medical care is not available at this Clinic after duty hours, weekends, holidays and post closings.
  • In case of an emergency, you need to call 911 or report to the nearest Emergency Room.
  • Active Duty patients need to call their PCM before obtaining non-emergency care and within 24 hours or the next business day after receiving emergency care.
  • For urgent care during normal business hours, patients should call 301-619-7175 or the TRICARE Nurse Advice Line at 800-TRICARE.
Can I be seen if I'm not Prime?
No. TRICARE For Life and Standard patients are able to use Radiology, Lab, and Pharmacy services.
Who is eligible for Pap and Physical Appointments?
Only Prime patients enrolled to the Clinic have access to pap and physical exam appointments.
Who has access to well-baby appointments?
Only Prime patients have access to well-baby appointments.
Do you see pregnant patients?
 We have a Nurse Midwife from National Naval Medical Center Bethesda who comes to the clinic weekly to see pregnant patients. There are some limits to this service, please call 301-619-7175 or toll free 866-319-8982 for more information.
I think I am pregnant, how do I find out?
Call 301-619-7175 or toll free 866-319-8982 for information on obtaining a pregnancy test.
What general information do I need to know about immunizations?
  • Immunization hours are: Monday- Friday: 8-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
  • Active duty and their dependents do not need a prescription to receive immunizations at Barquist.
  • DoD employees, Retirees and their dependents DO need a prescription from their provider to receive immunizations at Barquist.
  • Contractors require authorization to receive immunizations at Barquist.
  • Those patients that have recently PCS'ed or have been treated at outside facilities need to bring their immunizations record with them in order to maintain an accurate immunizations schedule.
  • International travelers can visit the CDC's website in order to obtain information on which vaccines are required for the area being traveled to.
  • PPDs are given every day except Thursday..
Do you do allergy testing?`
No. We do not do testing and we do not administer allergy shots. If you need allergy shots, make an appointment with your PCM for referral.
Can I bring my child to the clinic?
Yes, that is an option. However, at times children in the exam room during your appointment may make it difficult to adequately address all your health care needs. We don't have daycare capacity. We ask that you to try to make your own arrangements for childcare. One suggestion is: The Fort Detrick Child Development Center has hourly childcare. Arrangements must be made in advance by calling 301-619-3300. We will make every effort to accommodate any unique circumstance you have in any effort to provide quality health care.
Who do I talk to if I have a problem?
You may ask your provider or one of the nurses. We encourage you to make sure you understand instructions. If we don't know the answer, we will do our best to help you find a solution to your problem.
Don't forget to keep your family's information up-to-date in DEERS.